Friday, August 26, 2016

Noise

I am getting fed up with being assaulted by noise virtually all day.  From waking up to the noise of construction, to traffic noise on my commute (particularly with the prevalence of noisy construction vehicles and big rigs), to the sound of air conditioning and office chatter at work, to the noise of ship-building outside of where I work, to the noise of children shouting and screaming outside where I live in the evenings, to the noise of my neighbors’ dog and/or TV and/or door slamming by the time I go to bed.  I think this is why I am so keen to move again (which reminds me that I need to start looking soon), in the misguided hope that I can find somewhere quiet and peaceful to live (if such a thing exists without having to pay a fortune).  It’s not like I want to totally isolate myself from humanity (although that doesn’t necessarily sound like a bad thing!), it’s just that I value personal space very highly – and that encompasses not just physical space but all senses, which is why I get so annoyed by my personal space being invaded by the sounds and smells of others.  Maybe I’m done with city living and I'm a good ole country boy at heart!  This probably also explains a lot why I have and will always find it extremely difficult to share my personal space through co-habitation...

No comments:

Post a Comment