Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Labor Day? This Monday?

Wow, next Monday is a bank holiday here – Labor Day.  I honestly had totally forgotten this until this week – so much for making plans to do something!  After quite a few weeks of sunshine and hot weather, things seem to have taken a turn for the worst and currently it is overcast and rainy.  Just in time for the long weekend!  I’m just looking at the forecast for Mount Rainier – somewhere I would consider going to for a day trip over the long weekend – and there is snow in the forecast.  Good grief.  However, I’m seeing a mostly sunny forecast on Sunday for Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park – somewhere I would also consider going to for a day trip – so that might be an option.  This might be the last chance to go to either of these places at high elevations this year before the roads close or have restrictions like having to carry tire chains (which I don’t have, and probably never will).  But if I maintain the amount of ping pong I’ve been playing the last few days, then I might need the weekend to recover!  Intense.   

No comments:

Post a Comment