Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Blogging

I have a Facebook account that I don’t use.  I have a Twitter account that I don’t use.  I have an Instagram account that I don’t use.  I don’t have a LinkedIn account at all.  It somehow seems very quaint and old-fashioned that I’m blogging!  I actually downloaded the Instagram app and set up an account not too long ago, with the intention of posting a photo every day beginning on my 40th birthday.  But since I’m blogging every day as it is, there didn’t seem any point to also trying to do this – although the prospect of finding different and interesting things to photograph on those many routine work days was intriguing!  I’ll definitely continue to blog daily for as long as I can – though I suspect the content may get a lot less lengthy and a lot more lazy (e.g. just pasting a YouTube video I like into an entry) once I eventually begin to get busier at work.  But I’ve been back in this job now for nearly a year, and I still feel quite underused (and misused).  I have no doubts this will change, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the pendulum swings to the total opposite extreme and I’m overwhelmed with work some point soon.  Until that happens, I’m going to take things easy, not be proactive about things (which is not in my nature anyway) and continue to compose unnecessarily rambling entries like this one whilst I’ve got the spare time to do so!  And I’ll continue to blog whilst shunning all the popular social media sites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment