Monday, August 1, 2016

Commuting

In a sad reflection of how much time I spend in my car, I ran out of new podcasts to listen to on Friday.  I can't remember if this has ever happened before - certainly not in the last few years.  Decisions – do I spend more time listening to the radio or music, or do I attempt to seek out new podcasts to add to my current selection?  Perhaps the best solution is to move somewhere where my commute is significantly less, but frankly given the alarming increase in property prices (and hence also rental prices) in Greater Seattle, I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up moving somewhere even further out.  I’ve already adjusted my commuting times to getting in late and leaving late – not ideal, but at least I avoid the absolute worst backups (though there have still been numerous times where an accident has snarled the traffic enough to affect me by the time I head out or back).  I think the traffic in and around Seattle has got so bad that it might actually have crept into my top 3 reasons why I would want to leave Seattle.  It’s that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment