Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Final Thoughts on Glacier

I’ve updated Saturday's blog with some more photos.  Glad I made the effort to go to Glacier, and as you can tell from the photos I was very fortunate with the weather and it really was quite beautiful.  I think it is about the limit as far as places I would drive to from Seattle goes, at least for a long weekend.  I still want to see more of Oregon, and I think that is drive-able, but say somewhere like Yellowstone is probably better done as a fly/rent a car job.  I think 2 full days in Glacier was about the right amount of time to see and do everything I wanted to do (including hikes, bus tour, boat tour, etc.).  It was crowded, but that was to be expected for a summer weekend – and I was able to will myself to get to the park early enough to ensure parking at the prime spots and avoid the worst of the crowds.  Actually found the best time to see wildlife was in the evening – that’s when I saw mountain goats, big-horned sheep and a bear.  I think the only thing I would have done differently was to stay east of the park rather than west – because then you are driving into and out of the park with the sun behind and the best  views in front of you.  And I’m gutted I wasn’t able to get a good photo of the bear to show you – this is all I got… 


No comments:

Post a Comment