Monday, August 22, 2016

Back in Bothell

After 4 days and about 1400 miles of driving, I made it back in one piece late today.  Phew!  An interesting journey back including wildfires in Montana (I couldn't see the actual fire, but certainly could see all the smoke and smell it - must have been a big one because the smoke was around for about 100 miles of my journey), the surreal (a car passed me with a trailer attached containing a camel - with enough space for it to poke its head out and look around!), the beautiful (even with all the smoke, I love the Montana landscape with its rolling grassland and ranches - you can easily imagine the bison roaming the land back in the day), the unexpected surprise (I had the best sandwich - pork roast - I've had for years at a random deli in a random town in Idaho just off the freeway), and major traffic coming into Seattle as they temporarily closed the freeway to do some rock blasting for avalanche control (that made for some aggressive driving and frayed tempers for quite a few people after that unexpected delay!).  Unsurprisingly, I'm absolutely knackered and not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow...!

No comments:

Post a Comment