Thursday, August 11, 2016

Premier League Predictions

Sorry for the sports heavy run of blog entries – but it might be like that for a while.  Amongst all the Olympics hoopla, the Premier League is back on this weekend.  Time for some predictions

-          I think Leicester will really struggle this year.  Like mid-table/fringes of relegation type struggle.  I predict they will finish in the bottom half.  And I predict they won’t last long in the Champions League.
-          No surprises here, but I think the 3 promoted clubs will be mired in the relegation battle.  I predict 2 out of 3 of them will be relegated
-          There is normally a “bigger” side that gets caught up in the relegation fight, with it being Newcastle last year – and they didn’t make it.  I predict either Swansea or (I hate to say this, but I have to base this on the end of last season’s form) Crystal Palace will be the ones this year.
-          I predict 5 manager changes during the season
-          I predict no English club will make it to the Champions League semi-finals
-          I predict that the Champions will not be decided until the final set of matches.  It’s a tough one to call – you could make cases for Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal.  I don’t think Tottenham or Liverpool will finish in the Top 4.  I’d probably go for Man City – but with new managers and new players, I don’t have much confidence in this prediction – I think someone could just as easily run away with the title
-          I predict no team will “do a Leicester” this year (or any other year – I truly believe that was a once in a lifetime anomaly).
-          I predict Zlatan will NOT be impactful as everyone hopes (well past his prime), but I don’t think he will be the biggest flop
-          I predict that there will be at least one game where not a single English player is in the starting 22 on the pitch
-          I predict that this will ultimately be a very unmemorable season


No comments:

Post a Comment