Friday, July 15, 2016

Work

I was in the process of writing a long diatribe about how I feel about my job at the moment, but then I became afflicted from the same amount of motivation and enthusiasm to finish my diatribe as I feel about work.  So instead, here is a meme summing up how I feel.




Not happy.  I’m sure I’ll touch on some of the reasons in future blogs, but the usual culprits – management, culture, colleagues, stress, work environment, etc.  But even with all that, still so much happier here than I was in Austin.  That really was a horror show.  Ultimately, I fear, I’m probably stuck in a profession and career that I’m never really going to like and that I barely find tolerable.  I wish I was doing something engaging, meaningful and that I felt passionate about – oh to be a creative type.  Sadly, I’m not wired that way.  Dare I say it, when I was younger I wish I was pushed (and pushed myself) to study subjects I enjoyed more rather than those I just happened to be good at.  That would be my unqualified advice to new parents.  I’ve got another 30 odd years to look forward to of statistical programming, and that is an absolutely terrifying and horrifying prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment