Thursday, July 21, 2016

Lease renewal

Yay, only 3 months left on my apartment lease!  I was reminded of this today by the note left on my door detailing my choices for renewing my lease.  And the new rates.  No surprises, they are outrageous.  Last time I rented in Seattle, when my initial lease expired then I was automatically put onto a month-to-month lease at the same rate.  This place also offers the option of moving onto a month-to-month lease - with "only" an approx 35% increase in rent!  Disgraceful, and no chance.  The 12 month lease renewal also incorporates a slight increase in rent (by about $150 a month) - which is not really that surprising considering the inflated and inflating cost of living in the Seattle area.  But there is no chance I want to stay here for another year.  So it looks like I will be moving again soon.  Thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment