Monday, July 18, 2016

Queen Anne

Went for a 5 mile “urban walk” yesterday around the Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle – just north of downtown.  For the most part, it’s an extremely pleasant neighborhood and somewhere I wouldn’t mind living if I could afford it – and definitely somewhere I would recommend to visitors.  It’s on a hill, so you can get some pretty good views – I definitely plan to go up there again on a clear winter’s day when I can get that postcard perfect photo of the Seattle skyline and Space Needle, with Mount Rainier in the distance.  It was just a bit too cloudy and hazy to see Mount Rainier this time.




Getting there was fun – I parked at work and took the bus.  I don’t know whether the hot weather had drawn them out, but I saw a much higher than normal number of crazy and dodgy characters waiting for and using Seattle’s dubious public transportation.  Getting the bus in downtown Seattle is definitely an adventure – the area around the bus stops tend to be a magnet for the more salubrious residents of Seattle.  Considering the number of tourists you get round there, it’s very strange that the Seattle police and government don’t do more to clean it up a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment