Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Pokemon Go

Let me just categorically state for the record that I have not downloaded the Pokemon Go app.  Yet.  I will confess to having thought about it.  But I think it is just a fad whose popularity will gradually wane.  Besides, I think I’m about 10 years too old at having missed the original Pokemon phenomena so it doesn’t hold any sentimental value.  What is sure is just how quickly Pokemon Go has spread.  I encountered absolutely loads of people playing it on Sunday, and perhaps more disturbingly quite a few people just when I go to grab a sandwich at lunch during the week.  You can tell because they are just mindlessly staring down at their phone whilst walking around.  I’ve also encountered groups of Millennials hanging around with their phones out, at presumably some known staging areas where rare monsters can be found - including one very close to work.  It’s sad, but I’m still somewhat curious at experiencing this augmented reality.  Something bigger and better will undoubtedly come along soon, that even I might give in to and try out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment