Wednesday, July 13, 2016

... The Bad ...

Oh boy, I came home from work yesterday evening to this outside my neighbors’ door




And guess whose bedroom that is right where all that smoke is going, and guess who had left the bedroom window open to get a bit of fresh air, and guess who came back to their apartment stinking of smoke.  Not happy, and yet another angry complaint fired off.  It is unbelievable just how inconsiderate some people can be, and on top of my terrible living experience in Austin I’m definitely done with apartment living after this.  It seems that summer and the warmer weather have created a whole new set of things for me to find wrong with this place.  Some other neighbors below me have started regularly using some fancy outdoor grill on their patio and stinking out my balcony and my apartment with their food smell.  And that’s not even saying anything about how much more noise I’m enduring from kids shouting and screaming outside and from all the various families living in close proximity who now leave their doors and windows open so that everyone can hear them.  I was worried what this place would be like over summer, and most of my fears have been proven correct.  I’ve been guilty of staying too long in rentals in the past – surely I cannot do the same this time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment