Friday, July 8, 2016

Summer Sports

I like this time of year for sports - with the time difference I can wake up and have breakfast whilst watching Wimbledon and/or the Tour de France before heading into work.  I've probably said this before, but I think Le Tour might be the greatest annual sporting spectacle there is.  From the crazy bunch sprints, to the solo breakaway rider holding off the peleton to the pulsating mountain stages, it's just fantastic sporting drama - and I don't care if all the riders are doped up or doing whatever dodgy drugs/blood transfusions they do, it is still mighty impressive to consider the amount of miles they do and, especially, the amount of incredibly intense mountain climbing they do in such a short space of time.  These are proper athletes, not like the spoilt, arrogant, overpaid prima donnas playing in the Euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment