Thursday, July 7, 2016

Acronyms

Yet another sign that I’m getting old – I had to look up an acronym that I’ve seen used lots in internet speak but didn’t know what it stood for – GOAT.  Greatest of all time.  Well there we go, you learn something every day...  OMG.  Smiley face emoji.  Etc.  Example usage - I am not goat at writing good blog posts.  I don’t even know if that is right – is it “the goat” or just “goat”?  And is it capitalized or not?  I’m sure it probably doesn’t even matter, especially to me since the only time I will ever use the word goat is in reference to the animal.  LOL.  I feel a bit sad that I’m not fully savvy in internet speak.  Then I’m even sadder when I realize there are at least 3 generations of people younger than mine (Gen X) – Millennials, Generation Z and Generation Alpha – so I will from now on always be “out of touch” at some level.

No comments:

Post a Comment