Monday, July 27, 2020

Triple Header

I didn't know what to do with myself today as I'm so used to having football games on the telly as I'm working from home.  But now the season has finished, I have to come up with an alternative plan.  How about not having the telly on at all?  No, don't be stupid.  I don't know if this will be a regular thing, but today I had a trio of great films on in the background - Shawshank Redemption, Stand by Me and Speed.  Not really my choice, but I happened to notice they were on while I was channel-hopping.  The problem was that these films are so good that you just end up watching them, and don't get any work done.  Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them - especially Shawshank Redemption, which always seems to be on - it's simply impossible to not just stop what you're doing and watch them, especially when you know a great scene is about to come up.  Therefore, I need to come up with some background films - films that you don't need to concentrate on, but provide a welcome distraction from your computer monitor when needed.  A great example - Airplane.  I need to identify more films like this.     

No comments:

Post a Comment