Saturday, July 18, 2020

Defeat

I'm not officially declaring victory to the moles, but for sure they are winning.  I tapped out of the war quite a few weeks ago, and left it to my landlord.  And he has been putting down these scissor traps to no available.  And how do I know they have not been working?  Because new molehills keep on continuing to pop up all over my yard - there may be over 30 molehills now.  Some have been trampled down, I noticed the other day that my landlord had the hose out and was trying to flood them out - but that hasn't seemed to stop them either.  And these moles (or more likely the singular mole) seems to be particularly active and exploratory - the little sod has 3 sides of my house covered and if I had any sort of lawn it would be ruined.  But I am distracted by my fight with the family (?) of 4 crows who continue to make a racket and distract me from work and sleep.  I clearly don't have love for all the natural world.     

No comments:

Post a Comment