Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Footy Update

Well, 4 defeats in a row – so much for Palace’s hopes of finishing in the top 10.  I’m just glad that we’ve accumulated enough points to hopefully avoid a relegation scrap.  At least the performance against Chelsea was good, and we managed to find the net.  This was one of the few games that was actually decent to watch – with the lack of crowds, some of the games have been real duds.  So as much as I like the games being spread out during the week – and they are great to have on in the background whilst I’m working – unfortunately most of them have not been worth it.  The lack of atmosphere has sometimes resulted in a lack of intensity – and without the intensity, the game really suffers.  I don’t know, was finishing off this season worth it?  Definitely if you were a Liverpool fan – the thought of them being denied the title was hilarious.  And if you were to get relegated, I think you’d be really pissed off with the circumstances.  But I’m glad for any sports right now – certainly whilst still without any of the big American sports returning yet.  Hence why I’ve also been watching an inordinate amount of Aussie rules football recently.  I’ve added watching a live game of this on my bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment