Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Punchable Faces

I want to talk about punchable faces.  These are the faces of random famous people who for indiscernible, or discernible, reasons I just want to punch.  These are sometimes obvious - consider Trump, Mitch McConnell, Sean Hannity, etc.  Some are less obvious - a long-term one of mine is Gary Lineker, who is probably a perfectly nice guy but I would like nothing more than to punch him in the face.  But I kind of wonder how unique this phenomenon is - are the same people that I think have punchable faces the sample people that you think have punchable faces?  Do you even think that people have punchable faces?  What attributes makes a punchable face?  I'd say it's not necessarily a physical thing, but some attribute of the person in mind.  Smugness is a notable factor for me.  But sometimes it's more of a mystery.  Consider the following recent example I encountered:


Yes, he's an Aussie Rules football player - which probably means that no one reading this has any clue who he is.  But to me, he totally has a punchable face - is that a hint of smugness I detect?  What do you think?

       

1 comment: