Saturday, July 4, 2020

Fourth of July

An interesting Fourth of July this year - what with all the big fireworks displays having been cancelled.  Unfortunately, I think this is going to mean lots of people setting off fireworks in their own backyards.  I've been hearing them for a few nights now (and during the day - which is just stupid and pointless), and I think it's going to be absolutely terrible tonight - even though their legality in our neighborhood is extremely questionable.  And on top of this, my landlord/neighbor is having a big party.  The music started at around midday, and I imagine is going to last until well past midnight.  At least they warned me - and invited me - but I have no desire to join their large gathering - where I suspect no one will be wearing masks or practicing social distancing.  Especially because I think their kids - along with all their kid's friends - are there, which is a recipe for spreading the virus.  Instead went out for a walk this afternoon, and I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow to go for another walk - when hopefully there won't be so many people on the trails.   

No comments:

Post a Comment