Friday, February 8, 2019

Winter Storm Maya

Having just finished clearing my driveway for the first time in a week, it started snowing here about 1 pm.  So my driveway is going to be quickly covered in snow again shortly - so I hope my effort wasn't a total waste of time!  I can't be bothered to go out every couple of hours to try and keep it clean - so let's see how much builds up over the weekend.  We're expecting up to 8 inches of snow today and tomorrow, and probably more in the week ahead - and with really low temperatures overnight every night it's really going to freeze up.  It's not getting above freezing at all over the weekend, so I'm probably not going anywhere for the next 3 or 4 days at least.  Oh joy!  Kind of interesting seeing all the animal trails in the snow as I was shoveling - I could make out tracks for rabbits, deer and I think my neighbor's cat.  Other tracks I didn't have a clue what was making them - one looked like a snake?!  Also some cheeky sod in the last day or two drove some way up my driveway before turning around, leaving tire tracks all over my front garden (if it wasn't covered in snow, and if I actually did any gardening!) - I bet they won't be the only tire tracks I see at the bottom of my driveway in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment