Sunday, February 3, 2019

A Bad Sports Day

Damn it, the Patriots won the Superbowl.  Yet again.  Disappointing - their fans are going to be even more unbearable than they already are for yet another year.  This is a team with a reputation for cheating, and who have a quarterback, coach and owner who actually support Trump.  No wonder everyone hates them.  And nothing to do with the fact that they've won 6 Superbowls now in the last 15 years or whatever it is.  Cannot say I watched any of the game - it was inevitable that the Patriots would win, and I am not going to waste my time watching that.  By all accounts, it was a terrible game anyway (3 points in the first half) so I don't think I missed anything.  Unfortunately, I couldn't go out anywhere because it started snowing here about 1 pm and it hasn't stopped yet.  So instead I watched The (American) Office reruns on telly, plus some of my DVR recordings (Phantom Thread wasn't nearly as boring as I thought it might be).  With the plunging temperatures and more snow in the forecast, doesn't look as though I'll be getting out much tomorrow either (my company has already sent out an inclement weather text to all Seattle staff - that hasn't happened for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment