Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Winter Has Come

It didn't get above freezing all day - so all the snow and ice is hanging around.  So yet another day of not getting out much - I'm certainly not driving anywhere.  I did take a stroll to the local corner shop - but even that was tough going with all the ice on the pavements.  It looks like we're going to have this cold weather for the next 2 weeks - so things could turn into an absolute nightmare with temperatures around freezing during the day and plunging well below freezing overnight for a prolonged time.  I don't think I'm going to be heading into work anytime soon, but I need to do some food shopping at some point...  Really unimpressed that none of my local roads appear to have been treated with anything, even though the cold conditions and ice/snow was forecast in plenty of time.  After some extremely mild weather in January, February has more than made up for it so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment