Saturday, February 16, 2019

Spare Change

I've got a tankard on my kitchen counter where I put any spare change I happen to have on me when I get home each day.  It's full, so I decided to sort it out so that I can pay it into my bank account next week.  In the UK, you have plastic money bags to do this.  In the US, you have to put the coins in paper rolls.  So that's how I spent my evening - sorting out all my quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies - exciting stuff right!  I dread to think how much bacteria I got exposed to from all the coins I was handling; for sure, I had to be extra aware not to rub my eyes.  And how much did I end up with?  I have nearly $90 to put into my bank account next week.  I'm sure the bank cashier will be bemused when I show up with a heavy plastic bag full of rolls of coins to deposit in my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment