Monday, February 4, 2019

Winter Storm Lucian

This is what I woke up to this morning.




It's no polar vortex, but it may be the largest amount of snow I've experienced since moving here - maybe close to 6 inches.  And it hasn't got above freezing all day, so it is hanging around.  I checked my local streets and it doesn't look as though they've been treated, so I may be snowed in for several more days - temperatures are plummeting overnight, so the roads are going to get really icy and treacherous.  Not to say my steep and narrow driveway is going to be a nightmare.  I haven't tried clearing it of snow yet - if the temperature gets above freezing tomorrow afternoon I may try then.  It's a good job I did some food shopping over the weekend, so I am prepared to stick it out for as long as I have to!  I hope that isn't for long, I HATE working from home.     

No comments:

Post a Comment