Friday, February 15, 2019

Hallelujah

A good day - finally cleared my driveway, and finally able to take my car out.  Naturally, first place I went was the supermarket to stock up on my dwindling supplies!  I cannot tell you how happy I was when I finally scooped the last bit of snow and ice away - very cathartic.  And I think my body felt the most gratitude - it's not even my back that hurts the most, it's my arms that are really sore.  And then later in the day, got details on my pay increase and bonus.  With a promotion come good things - a 10% pay rise, and a 5 figure bonus.  Sadly taxes will probably mean a minimal increase in take home pay, and take away a big chunk of the bonus - but hey, can't complain too much (apart from the fact that this shows that I've probably been underpaid for some time!).  Now to decide how to spend this money - definitely getting a new sofa has to be up there, something I've been saying I need for ages.     

No comments:

Post a Comment