Saturday, December 15, 2018

Windstorm

My power has just come back on after having been out all evening.  I bought a load of candles just a few weekends ago, so already got good use out of them.  First big windstorm of the season - it knocked out power for more than 100,000 homes apparently, including everyone in my neighborhood.  I think I was a lucky one to have power back already - I'm just looking at the online outage map and there still seem to be loads of people nearby without power, with lots of downed trees knocking down power lines.  Made for an interesting drive home - none of the lights were on at any intersections, and loads of tree debris on the road.  I'm probably going to have to spend time tomorrow clearing my patio/deck and driveway of all the crap that's come down.  This is why I purchased my leaf-blower.

No comments:

Post a Comment