Sunday, December 23, 2018

Rugger

One of the American sports channels has been showing a lot of rugby recently - showing one or two English premiership games a weekend, not live but a full replay later in the day.  Which is fine by me, since I DVR and watch them later anyway.  And they're even showing some of the European games.  I enjoy watching a game of rugby on telly a lot more than watching a game of American football.  And I think it's a good sport to watch in person as well.  I think if I was back in England, I would want to be a season ticket holder at whatever club is nearest to me.  And if I was coming back for Christmas, I would definitely want to watch "The Big Game" at Twickenham.  But who is my team?  There is Bath - who I saw play a couple of times when I studied there.  Is it Leicester - who I also saw play a couple of times when I studied there?  Or is it Harlequins - the "local" side when I come back to the UK?  I honestly don't know, but I think I do need to pledge my allegiance to somebody.   

1 comment:

  1. No advice - shit boring game - dreadful watch.

    It's like a very poor man's NFL (which I MUCH prefer).

    I've been to Bath's ground though also - proper pictureseque - facing the abbey's west window.

    Don't forget the Old Midwhitgiftians !!!

    ReplyDelete