Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas Decorations

I wish there was a fixed date when you are supposed to put up and take down Christmas decorations – I’m never quite sure when to do mine.  Unofficially here, it’s the Thanksgiving weekend (though the Christmas tv ads start airing almost immediately after Halloween!).  But this year, Thanksgiving was way too early.  So I put up my decorations this weekend – but even that feels kind of early, so although they’re up I haven’t turned anything on yet.  Compared to some of the excessively gaudy and tasteless displays that other household have round here (not to say expensive, some of their electric bills must be shocking), my decorations are really pitiable.  But then, I don’t really need to try since you can’t see my house from the road and the decorations are really only for my own pleasure and benefit (plus a few of my immediate neighbors).  Nonetheless, I wish my decorations were classier and a bit more refined than they are – and I should make better use of my surroundings, I could hang some lights on some of the trees outside my house and that would be really pretty.  But instead I shall make do with what I have – and maybe get some better quality Christmas decor on sale in January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment