Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tire Pressures

New cars have lots of flashy safety features – but not all of them are good.  I’ve already expressed my displeasure with the lane assist system on my car which occasional causes my steering to veer away suddenly and frighteningly even though I’m perfectly in my lane.  Another feature that gets on my nerves is the tire pressure warning system.  We’ve had some colder weather recently, and not for the first time when the temperature has dropped my tire pressure warning light has come on.  So I checked the tire pressures this morning, which were good enough, then re-calibrated the tire pressure warning system.  But I have no doubts that it will come on again the next time there is a drop in temperature.  I don’t need this system to come on every time the temperature gets a bit colder (even though colder temperature does cause a slight but not significant decrease in tire pressure), I only want it to come on when I have a puncture and a tire is actually going down.  However, I don’t think the system is even good enough to tell you which tire it is if a problem like that ever happens.  For all the bells and whistles on new cars, they are a long way from perfect – which I think makes the advent of self-driving cars still a long way away.  And I miss having a CD player in my car.

1 comment:

  1. Tire?

    Were you taught to spell it that way at the illustrious Simon Balle School ???

    Along with "Deadline for a Deliverable"

    Signs are worrying Mr Mansfield !!

    (One Hundred & Five, North Tower)

    SDR

    ReplyDelete