Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Peaks and Troughs

I’ve had the good and the bad at work over the last few days.  The good – I got a small gift card as a sign of appreciation for the work I’m currently doing, but more significantly I also found out that I will be getting a promotion in the new year.  Nice.  A bit overdue, but should hopefully make for a decent annual bonus and salary bump. The bad – went for a holiday lunch today, but unfortunately it was to a Japanese restaurant.  I am not a fan of Japanese cuisine, but I got outvoted so I went along anyway.   Bad idea.  I’d already woken up today with an upset stomach, and the weird Japanese food that I picked out did not go down well.  At all.  To the extent that I was vomiting and had diarrhea this afternoon.  At work.  I don’t like going to Number 2’s in my office toilet at the best of times, so this was absolutely horrific.  And I’ve got loads of work to do at the moment, so it wasn’t like I could just go home mid-afternoon.  This is why I don’t go to Japanese restaurants, and never will again.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIJcZpoIl2I

    A quality episode!

    ReplyDelete