Saturday, February 10, 2018

Winter Olympics

When I think of the Winter Olympics I think of Bolero, Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards and the Jamaican Bobsleigh Team.  So, as you can tell, I really don't care much for the Winter Olympics.  Too many stupid niche sports, too many sports that rely on subjective judging, and a sad reminder of the fact that I can't skate or ski.  So I shan't be watching much of these games - and I don't feel I'm missing much.  Britain is probably not going to get any medals, but I really don't care.  Sadly, the American TV scheduling of the Winter Olympics is as bad as the Summer Olympics - wall-to-wall extensive and over-the-top coverage, including in prime time every night, ruining my TV watching.  Most channels are airing repeats over the next few weeks, and also NBC have sacrificed their Six Nations coverage to instead show live crappy sports from the Winter Olympics - a ridiculous and disappointing decision.  I didn't watch the Opening Ceremony - all I know is that the Tongan guy went shirtless again - and I haven't watched anything else yet, and don't plan to.  There shall never again be a "Miracle on Ice", I don't care for the Dutch dominance in speed skating, and I'm even indifferent to the premier event that is men's downhill skiing.  I couldn't name a single skier competing - I assume that the Bell brothers have long retired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment