Thursday, February 1, 2018

Guess the topic

Another bad day at work.  We had a site “New Hire Welcome & Promotion Lunch”.  And the number of promotions across our site was the highest I’ve ever seen, which meant that the lunch overran.  Of course, most people are deserving of a promotion and I am happy for them.  Others, a lot less so – and I wasn’t going to clap for them as they were congratulated.  But the sheer number of promotions made it even more depressing that I didn’t earn one.   

Then the lunch was followed by a series of yet more needlessly long team meetings  – so incredibly frustrating when it is so time-consuming and I’m busy and have got so many other things I need to get on with.  These meetings are just so unconstructive – going back on forth on lots of small and insignificant issues and details.  A classic example of my manager being overly controlling.  Yes, attention to detail is important – but not in this forum and not at this level at this stage of the work, when there are so many other more important and more complex things to focus on.  I don’t know how long I can tolerate this for – it is getting ridiculous.  My management style is so very different, and just so incompatible with my manager’s.

This should have been a good day – I earned a small recognition award today for the work I’ve done since the new year.  I have been working hard, and I think doing a good job – so it was nice to get some sort of recognition and appreciation of that, plus a small financial award.  And, naturally, this work had absolutely no involvement from my manager - just going to show how much better I am, and would be, without her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment