Saturday, February 17, 2018

Mailbox

This is extremely trivial, but I hate my mailbox.  First of all, it's not conveniently located.  It's at the end of my landlord's driveway, and not mine, which means it's a pain in the ass to get to, especially when it's raining.  Secondly, it's not secure.  Which means anybody can drive by, and steal any mail that happens to be in there.  I'm not sure this has happened yet - though I have found my mailbox open one time.  And I happened to bump into one of my other neighbors another time, and he said that he has had mail stolen.  Lastly, and this has only been noticeable recently, is that my mail has been soaking wet.  I don't know whether my mailbox is leaking, or just a lack of consideration by my mail carrier, but I'm not happy when I'm getting tax forms and magazines delivered to me that are soaking wet from the water that has seemingly pooled at the bottom of my mailbox.  I've put some kitchen towel down in there, but I'm not sure how much difference this has made.  Jeez, what first world problems I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment