Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Box of Delights

The brain, or perhaps just my brain, works in very mysterious ways.  From somewhere in the very far recesses of my memory, this popped up into my mind today:

 

I’m not sure if it was the series itself, or the very distinctive music, but there it was front and center of my thoughts whilst I was at work this afternoon.  I have absolutely no recollection of the show, and whether or not I watched it back as a wee youngster in the 80s.  I suspect I did, because the music does make me feel happy even if I don’t associate it with any specific memories – perhaps I just associate it with the general excitement of Christmas?  I now promise myself that I am going to watch this next Christmas – it has probably horribly dated, but I welcome the nostalgic feelings from a more innocent time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment