Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Feeling Old

I took my bins out yesterday evening.  I slipped but didn't fall over whilst negotiating my longish and steepish driveway.  I took my bins in this evening.  I slipped again and had to take a knee whilst negotiating my longish and steepish driveway.  So I managed to get a big muddy patch on my jeans and a load of mud over my shoes.  I don't know whether I'm just getting old, whether I was wearing the wrong footwear with not sufficient grip, or whether all the rain recently plus all the leaves and debris on my driveway has made it genuinely slippy.  But it was embarrassing and humbling.  Ironically, over the last few days I have been looking at the prices of leaf blowers on Amazon.  Perhaps my urgency to splash out on one has increased now!   

No comments:

Post a Comment