Sunday, February 4, 2018

Super Bowl LII

Today was/is the Super Bowl (I'm writing this as the game has just started).  Of all the years I've been in the US, this is by far the most apathetic I've felt towards the game.  Much like most of America, I'm sick to death of the New England Patriots - and especially sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl.  They are a bunch of cheats (deflated balls, spying on other team's signals, etc), and have an obnoxious coach, an obnoxious quarterback and an obnoxious fan base.  And they're probably going to win.  Again.  I don't know how much of this game I'm going to bother watching - watching American Football games has become an ordeal at the best of times, and the Super Bowl is ten times more bloated.  We shall see how close a game it is, or in the unlikely event that the Patriots get blown out then that might be quite satisfying to see.  Mind you, that was supposed to happen last year and they managed to come back from a 25 point deficit.  So maybe I just shouldn't bother watching at all.     

No comments:

Post a Comment