Monday, February 19, 2018

President's Day

Today was President's Day - perhaps the only holiday of the year which sneaks up on you before you know it, and which you are totally unprepared for.  I only found out last week that today was a day off work, so had absolutely nothing planned for today.  We were supposed to get snow over the weekend, up to 4 inches they said.  So what did I get where I was?  Absolutely nothing.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  El zippo.  Not even a trace.  It's certainly been cold, and a bit windy, but absolutely no snow.  Once again, great forecasting!  I should have had a more constructive day, but I just did some stuff around the house and updated my CV.  I actually came across a job in San Diego that really appealed to me, but I don't know whether to apply to it.  I've heard strong rumors that changes are afoot at work, so I want to see if they pan out.  But this job seemed an ideal fit for me, and they don't come up that often in San Diego - so I am very tempted just to apply and see if anything comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment