Saturday, February 24, 2018

Green Lake

It's been a while, but with the temperatures warm enough to melt all the snow and ice of the last few days and a rare day without rain in the forecast, I went out for a walk today.  And I did a classic - the Green Lake loop.  With a little side excursion to Woodland Park thrown in.  I've been to Green Lake many times before - when I lived in North Seattle, it was within walking distance so I used to frequent it quite often.  It also makes for a good stroll after work when the nights are longer.  Sadly, it is - by far - the most populated trail in Seattle.  And going on a Saturday lunchtime is probably one of the worst times to go!  I estimate I passed about 2000 people on the loop.  And, even more sadly, it seemed half of these people were on their phones - I wonder if Green Lake is a Pokemon Go hot spot, or is society just turning to sh*t?  This is the only walk which I have to do with my earbuds in.  It's not a challenging walk - a very level 3 mile loop, plus another 1.5 mile side trail to Woodland Park - and about as far from the wilderness as you can be, but a good one for people watching and a Seattle classic.



No comments:

Post a Comment