Friday, February 9, 2018

Local News

I'd gone for a lunchtime walk to South Lake Union yesterday - mainly to go to my bank branch there to withdraw some money, but also to go to my favorite Thai food truck (South Lake Union is the location of Amazon plus a gazillion other tech companies, so is packed full of lunch options).  This area is notorious for construction, traffic and lack of parking.  As I waited for my food to be prepared, I could see a local news camera crew filming the traffic nearby (the "Mercer Mess", as Mercer Street is known to everybody).  When suddenly the attractive female news reporter spotted me and strode over microphone in hand.  She asked me if I wanted to be interviewed for the local news about the traffic - but being the coward I am, I declined.  I'm fortunate that I don't have to brave the Mercer Mess every day, but if I did then I might be riled up enough about the traffic and construction there to be willing to be interviewed about it.  But it was nice to be asked - probably because I was the token white guy in the sea of Chinese and Indian tech people getting their lunch!  But I'm not sure with my accent and my not ready for TV looks that I would ever had made the local news anyway.   

No comments:

Post a Comment