Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Big Freeze

A nightmare confluence of events today: snow last night + cold temperatures overnight = very icy roads + icy driveway today.  Leaving laptop at work + Internet/TV connection issues = forced to go into work once it had warmed up a bit.  Small box of ice melt + long driveway = still icy driveway.  But my car fortunately handled the descent down the driveway with ease. 

It's now evening, and with cold temperatures and snow in the forecast again, I shall be working from home tomorrow.  At least I've remembered to bring my work laptop home with me today, and my internet seems to be working again now, so sadly no excuses for not working tomorrow.  The roads weren't as bad as I thought they might be this afternoon/evening, but they said the conditions might be worse tomorrow.  But with the quality of forecasting and localized weather round here, who knows what its going to be like.

At least my local neighborhood rabbit seems to be alive and well, even if I haven't seen him (or her) for ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment