Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Shaver

This might be the biggest and most important grooming decision I need to make in a very long time, but it might be time to get a new shaver.  I've been using the same electric shaver for some time - a Philips Norelco model - but I had to get a replacement head for it recently.  But they no longer produce the original designed head I'm used to, and instead I had to get a more recent design.  And I don't like the new one.  At all.  It doesn't seem to shave as close as the old one, and is nowhere near as comfortable.  Because I'm cynical, I suspect this was somewhat intentional of Philips to release a cheaper quality and less effective replacement head to force you into buying a new shaver.  Well that won't work for me, because I might switch my allegiance to a different (and better reviewed) brand - like Braun.  And I'm preparing to splash some cash (well, maybe not a stupid amount!) on a high quality electric shaver that will last.  Much like my inability to drive a manual car again after having driven an automatic for so long, I don't think I could ever switch back from an electric shaver to a manual razor again!         

No comments:

Post a Comment