Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Eagles

Let me try to sneak in a positive blog post.  Crystal Palace!  From where they were in the table and how they started the season, to where they are now is quite unexpected and a very pleasant surprise.  I had my doubts about hiring Roy Hodgson but I’m glad to be proven wrong – and just goes to show that maybe he isn’t that bad a manager and what a poisoned chalice it is to manage the England national side!  It’s still extremely tight in the bottom half of the league, but Palace definitely seem to be trending the right way – they should even have been the first team to defeat Man City.  I think it’s clear that Palace always had a slightly better than average side, but a manager at the start of the season who wanted to play a certain way that just didn’t work.  So Hodgson has come in and slowly molded them into a solid, if maybe unspectacular, side.  If that is enough to keep us up, then I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment