Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Office and World Domination

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, work has not started well in the new year.  I’ve got a new neighbor in the cube next to me – and she is Chinese.  And I hate it.  I had purposely moved to where I am now in the office to get away from my Chinese colleagues – their food stinks and when they speak Chinese to each other it is loud and obtrusive.  But there is just no getting away from them – they are taking over my workplace in much the same way that they are taking over the world.  The one that has moved next to me is nice enough and relatively quiet, but not quiet enough to not annoy me.  So sadly I’ve got to get used to the disruption all over again.  I think my iPod shall be getting a lot of use this year!  I have jokingly told my friends at work that if I going to stay in my career for years to come, I am going to need to learn the Chinese language.  I no longer think this is a joke.  The influx of Chinese and Indians into my field is a problem that should be right in Trump’s wheelhouse to do something about, but he is more obsessed with Mexicans and Muslims.  And if anything, the big companies only want to bring in more cheap foreign labor – and we all know how Trump likes to suck up to big business.  This is a topic that definitely brings out the inner racist in me – my humble apologies if you are offended, but us working Caucasian males are not having the best of times at the moment (though you could in no shape or form accuse me of any sexually inappropriate behavior at work – in fact, I could argue the opposite since I remember a time when my ass was pinched in the workplace by a female colleague.  Imagine if a male did that to a female in today’s environment?  He would be fired and ostracized in an instant).   

No comments:

Post a Comment