Saturday, January 27, 2018

Harry Potter

Just finished watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - completing the 20 odd hours of Harry Potter films that I've watched over the last few weeks.  After the first couple of very kid-friendly films to establish the Harry Potter universe, the films got progressively and noticeably much darker and "less PG".  I think this is not the first time I've seen all the films - but good to watch them in order in relatively quick succession.  My favorite - probably the Prisoner of Azkaban.  My least favorite - maybe controversial, but I'm going to say the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 where I thought the pacing and amount of story covered was very wrong.  My favorite character: probably Gilderoy Lockhart.  A lot of my thoughts from having watched the films and read the books before have not changed - Harry and Hermione should have lived happily ever after, Neville Longbottom was the true hero of the story, I'm still totally confused by the films as to what all the horcruxes were and whether Voldemort was trying to get all the items that make up the Deathly Hallows rather than just the Elder Wand, and that I am definitely a Ravenclaw.  Now I need to reread all the books....   

No comments:

Post a Comment