Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Hard Work, No Reward

I’ve been working my ass off at work since the new year.  And, if I say so, doing a great job on an important and substantial task with tight timelines.  But will I get any recognition for this?  Maybe from the statistician who I’m working with, but definitely not from my manager.  I doubt she has any idea just how hard I’m working, and how good a job I’m doing.  Nor cares.  Screw her.  After she scheduled a recurring 1-1 with me during lunchtime, I asked her if she could reschedule.  She did, then promptly scheduled a recurring team meeting in the same time slot.  Thanks, very considerate.  I’m at my limit – close to the point of issuing an ultimatum that I have to change group and manager, else quit.  I have no idea how to do this diplomatically, and who to speak to who might actually listen and be able to do something about my situation – and it’s that feeling of uselessness that is so frustrating.  I feel like I’m stuck in a career rut, and there is nobody to help me out of it.  The way things are going, I doubt I’m going to last in this job through the end of the year.     

No comments:

Post a Comment