Wednesday, September 7, 2016

RVs

The inevitable finally happened, I forgot to post my blog yesterday.  Here it is - better late than never!



Seattle has a homeless problem.  It’s had this problem for a while, but the significant increase in the cost of living here has exacerbated the problem.  To the extent, that there are now RVs in almost every Seattle neighborhood where people are living and sleeping.  And it’s no different where I work.  There are about 4 RVs that regularly move around to avoid getting ticketed, but always in the vicinity of my workplace.  I am very suspicious that they are street legal, but presumably they must have up to date registration otherwise they would get towed.  And they look (and smell) lived in - I dread to think of where they depose their waste.  And we are talking old and beat up RVs, not the fancy and flashy new ones.  They are an eyesore and I would hate to see one of them parked outside where I live – it’s bad enough that there was one parked right outside our work entrance this morning.  I bet it won’t be there tomorrow (post-blog note - it wasn't!).  I haven’t ever seen any of the occupants, so I don’t know whether they are just honest people down on their luck or slightly more unsavory characters.  But with the increase in RVs, has also come an increase in the number of people at road junctions with signs asking for money.  Unfortunately, this is all the cost of Seattle becoming “successful” and excessively affluent.  I've got to find somewhere new to live soon, and this is yet another reason why I would rather suffer the inconvenience of living outside the city than having to deal with the expense and issues of city living – especially a city struggling to find a good solution for the homeless.   

No comments:

Post a Comment