Saturday, September 24, 2016

Fall TV Season

In many ways this is one of my favorite times of the year - the start of the fall TV season.  It's not quite the event it used to be, thanks to streaming, watch-on-demand and several years of mediocre new programming.  So what new shows are on my radar?  Not a great deal to be honest.  Several half hour comedies - all watchable, but nothing truly outstanding so far.  I think the most memorable might be Designated Survivor - starring Kiefer Sutherland.  It's very 24ish - for better or worse - which means that even though he plays a seemingly meek politician, at any moment you expect him to go all Jack Bauer on someone's ass!   Otherwise, I think most of the programs on my DVR are ones that have been around for a few years.  But I am looking forward to Westworld on HBO - big budget, big actors, big hopes.  It had better be more Game of Thrones than Boardwalk Empire...

No comments:

Post a Comment