Monday, September 19, 2016

I Hate House-Hunting

The joys of looking for somewhere new to live.  The indecision and uncertainty is causing me all manner of grief.  I started looking at some places over the weekend – and invariably I am finding fault with everything I look at.  There was a great place that was just too small and commute-unfriendly for the price (and I think they were quite keen on me – even offering a small reduction in rent to tempt me over someone else who was also interested), and a great-price great-located place that was just showing too much wear and tear.  I think I’m probably trying to find the perfect place to live that doesn’t exist, and so maybe I need to accept that I might need to compromise on a few things.  I’m giving myself about a week to find somewhere to live – I need to make a renewal decision on my current place by Sep 28th.  As much as I moan and complain, I wouldn’t be surprised if I do renew my current lease (maybe not for a full 12 months – I don’t think I can tolerate another summer enduring the sounds and smells of my neighbors).  That would be typically disappointing of me to take the easy option.  But I will still try to find, and more particularly commit to, somewhere to move before then.  I’m also thinking long term that this might be the last time I live in the Seattle area before I, ideally, move back to SoCal – so this might be the only chance I have for a while to live in a decent-sized home whilst I can still afford it, especially since I don’t see myself buying anywhere anytime soon.  Might be time to expand my search to bigger homes – even if I don’t necessarily need or use 3 or 4 bedrooms!  My ideal home would have just 1 big bedroom and an enormous amount of living space, but sadly that just doesn’t exist.  Anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment