Sunday, September 4, 2016

Big Pharma Bashing

Yet another article bashing the pharmaceutical industry and the price gouging going on:



It's not that I disagree with lowering drug prices, however any enforced changes will have an enormous impact on my industry and my career in the industry (certainly working for my current company, which although not mentioned in this article is definitely one of those considered to be overcharging for their drugs).  If there is to be a "pharmaceutical crisis", then as part of R&D then my job is definitely at risk as I am far from essential.  However, the pharma industry has such strong lobbying power and seems to have weathered these kind of storms before that I'm not sure whether anything will really change.  I think it depends on lot on how much Hilary, as the presumed heir to the presidency, would position herself on many of these hot issues - if Bernie's influence has been felt, then I do think that the pharmaceutical industry could be right there front and center in the cross-hairs for reform.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment