Friday, September 23, 2016

Murder Mystery

Another team-building event today, this one much less successful.  It involved solving a murder mystery by solving a number of very convoluted clues and puzzles.  I think we came third.  This was frustrating because one of the key puzzles to solve was being handled by some of our “less competent” team members, and so there were quite a few of us just hanging around whilst we waited for them to finish up their bit (and their inability to discuss/share what they were doing so that we could all help didn’t exactly promote team harmony!).  Overall, I didn’t think this was a particularly well-designed game – some of the methods to solve puzzles were very abstract, and other puzzles that we felt proud to solve were fairly irrelevant to progressing in the game.  Perhaps I was just a bit annoyed with myself for making a schoolboy error on one of the first puzzles which was to match up sets of teeth with their bite marks.  Annoying.  I’m better than that.  No MVP for me this time.  At least happy hour afterwards was nice to chat with a few people I don’t normally see or talk to – a too rare social opportunity at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment